A step forward in sustainable tourism
6 years ago working in the area of sustainability in order to streamline our processes, looking for energy savings, incorporating good environmental and social practices in our daily operations making the welfare of the environment, adding value to the company.
The continuous improvement of our services includes all our partners, achieving awareness and make tangible our sustainability policies while working for the welfare of society today without compromising the welfare of future generations.
We have a Sustainability Committee, which is composed of a group of internal staff of Hotel Plaza San Francisco achieving the three work areas:
Prizes and awards received in 2013
On 3 October, the Ministry of Energy recognized 20 companies with the Seal of Energy Efficiency, Hotel Plaza San Francisco being the only one in its category.
During Fedetur III version of the Chilean Tourism Awards on Thursday 12 September, it was recognized at Hotel Plaza San Francisco as the Sustainable Tourism Company 2013.
On 3 July this year Santiago Convention Bureau, SCB, recognized the Hotel Plaza San Francisco as the company with "2013 Best Sustainable practices" in the three policy areas (Economic, environmental and social-cultural)
On May 9, the Undersecretary of Tourism, SERNATUR, recognizes the first 6 Tourist accommodation in Chile with "Distinction in Tourism Sustainability" including Hotel Plaza San Francisco stands out as the only 5 star Santiago.
2 years ago Sustainability Committee of the Hotel Plaza San Francisco was formed by workers in all areas, forming a team to convey to the family of our Hotel the work done and improvements to which we can choose.
We are very aware that these changes do not work if the work is not looked at long-term, especially if it is not incorporated as a central axis in future decisions and actions realized our hotel.
As a rule, incorporating sustainability we have done:
- Program optimization and replacement of air conditioning equipment, achieving savings of 15% energy.
- We have achieved an increase of 12% capacity installed cold; avoiding increased energy expenditure.
- Cost reduction through energy efficiency (electricity, gas, oil, water).
- Installing heat pumps and heat exchangers to preheat domestic hot water and stop by boilers periods reflected in saving oil.
- Arrangement of aerators (69% savings in water) taps and challas (62% savings).
- Use central control, reducing operating and besides HH reducing energy costs through automation.
- Through the University of Chile have a measurement of the carbon footprint (332 ton / year).
- We note with great joy that we have a proud and motivated the different themes and workforce initiatives are carried out.
- Currently have a sustainability committee, a body where the different areas involved, through employees and reflects the commitment made in its entirety by our staff.